SOFE-2019 Special Issue of IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science
All authors of SOFE-2019 presentations, whether oral or poster, will have the opportunity to publish their work in a special issue of IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science (TPS), a peer-reviewed journal. Submitted manuscripts will be reviewed anonymously by two peer reviewers and must meet the journal’s normal standards in order to be accepted. Submissions for the Special Issue should be limited to 6 published pages for contributed papers and 8 published papers for plenary and invited papers. Authors considering submission of their work should review the information about scope, content, and suitability for publication that is available at the journal’s web site: http://ieee-npss.org/publications/transactions-on-plasma-science/.
The review process will be managed by the SOFE-2019 Publication Chair, acting as Senior Editor for the Special Issue and supported by a team of Guest Editors in order to handle the anticipated volume of submissions. The process will be conducted according to the following schedule:
- Manuscript submission deadline: 28 June 2019
- Completion of first reviews (target): 27 September 2019
- Revised manuscript (if needed) submission deadline: 31 January 2020
- Completion of all reviews and accept/reject decisions: 27 March 2020
- Special Issue publication date (target) May 2020
Meeting this schedule will require the support of both authors and peer reviewers. Conference participants who present papers at the conference, whether oral or poster, are expected to make themselves available to peer review papers that are submitted to the special issue. Please check the box on the abstract submission form and indicate your preferred topic areas for peer review of submitted manuscripts.
The following policies will apply to submitted manuscripts:
- The work must have been presented at the conference by either the first author or a knowledgeable co-author in order to be eligible for publication in the special issue.
- The editor can require submissions exceeding the page limits to be shortened before they will be considered for review.
- Manuscripts will not be accepted for the special issue after the submission deadline.
- Revisions received after the revision deadline cannot be assured of publication in the special issue, but will be considered for publication in a regular issue of TPS.
Publication of Presentation Files
All presentation files, i.e. both posters and oral presentation slides, will be collected from conference participants and posted on a web site where they will be available for viewing and download following the conference. Watch this page for further information and instructions.