28th IEEE Symposium on Fusion Engineering
2 – 6 June, 2019
Sawgrass Marriott Resort
1000 PGA Tour Boulevard, Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida 32082 USA
The 28th IEEE Symposium on Fusion Engineering will be held June 2-6, 2019 in Jacksonville, Florida at the Sawgrass Marriott Resort.
The Symposium is dedicated to the scientific, technological and engineering issues of fusion energy research and is a mixture of oral presentations and poster sessions allowing for extensive interactions among the participants.
- Experimental devices
- Next step devices and power plants
- MFE and IFE Alternate Concepts
- Innovative and disruptive technologies
- Divertors and high heat flux components
- Chambers, blankets, and shields
- Fueling, exhaust and vacuum systems
- IFE fusion studies and technologies
- Plasma Facing Materials and Surface Engineering
- Diagnostics engineering and integration
- Safety and neutronics
- Heating and current drive
- Disruption mitigation and control
- Operation and maintenance, remote handling, RAMI
- Magnet Engineering
- Power and Control
- Process simulation and plant simulators
- Design for manufacture and advanced manufacturing
- Systems engineering and large scale integration
- ITER status and progress
Attention students: consider applying for a SOFE student award or travel grant.
Exhibitors: Impact the community, consider supporting SOFE with a booth.
- Call for Papers: 2018-08-13
- Early Consideration Abstract Deadline: 2018-12-07
- General Abstract Deadline: 2019-01-15
- Early Registration Deadline: 2019-04-15
- Notification of Acceptance Date: 2019-02-01
- Final paper Submission Date: 2019-06-28
The theme for this SOFE is “Accelerating the Development of Fusion Power”. As in previous SOFEs there will be two minicourses offered on June 2. One is on plasma-material interactions and another on advanced 3d neutronics. A vendor exhibit and community townhall addressing our theme will also be hosted on June 4. A welcome reception will occur on June 2. A Women in Engineering reception will be held Monday during lunch and a Young Professionals reception will be held just prior to the townhall meeting Tuesday evening. The SOFE awards banquet will occur at the Marriott on Wednesday evening where the 2018 and 2019 Fusion Technology Awards presentations and the SOFE2019 student award will be presented. SOFE is evolving into an international conference and is open to all engineering, physics and material science disciplines involved in the pursuit of both magnetic and inertial confinement fusion.